Super Week Instructional Camp
Dates: July 16th, 2017
- July 19th, 2017
Grades: Players Entering Grades 6th - 12th Grade
Location: Pomfret School
Contact/Director: Hank DeSantis
Course Overview -
- Beneficial for all levels of skill, the camp is structured to teach concepts and fundamentals based on player skill. Two leagues of players will be formed by skill and age.
- Top notch instruction by professional high school and college coaches and players.
- Players will compete against players of like abilities; skill stations allow the practical application of basketball concepts and fundamentals.
- Classroom and video studying sessions will allow players to further learn basketball concepts.
- Six-Hours of daily, pre-planned and structured skill sessions.
- The program will challenge players both mentally and physically.
- The camp will allow players to showcase their talents against the best competition.
- Players will play three games a day and will have the opportunity to be evaluated and filmed.
- Older players will learn what college coaches are looking for in a player, provide a “road map” of the recruiting process and an understanding of what it takes to play at the next level
- Players are provided with a detailed evaluation plan to take home and a plan to continue their development
- Teaching and attention to details is second to none. Concentration on the 'whys' and 'whens' not just the 'hows'
Sample Camp Schedule:
7:30 Early Bird Clinics - Finish Moves
8:30 Morning Stretch
9:00 3 v 3 team defense - Discussion Groups
10:00 Drill Stations - Closeouts and Help
11:00 League Games
2:00 3 v 3 Team offense - Motion concepts
3:00 Drill Stations - cutting and screening within motion
4:00 Structure Games - Emphasis spacing
6:00 Transition Concepts - Rotations and Attacking the rim
7:00 Skills Challenge - Ball handling/passing
8:00 Camp movie
Here are the things you will learn at camp:
- Being tough with the ball and owning your space
- Understanding offensive spacing and angles
- Learning the nuances of continuity, quick hitter and zone offenses
- Passing out of pressure and traps
- Developing better body control, footwork, and balance
- Learning how to play off the ball and make plays
- Attacking and finishing around the rim
- Become a better on the ball and help defender
- Gain a better understanding of how to rotate on defense
- Thriving on the fast break including spacing, attacking and finishing
- How to lead, respond to mistake, and gain confidence through your plays
- Become more coachable and affect teammates positively on and off the court
- Evolve into a better athlete - nutrition, weight training and condition symposiums
- Leave with tools that will enable you to take your game to new heights
Cost $495.00 before March 15th, $525.00 after March 15th.
Special combo price of $645.00 when you sign up for both the Super Week Instructional Camp and the Shooting & Scoring Camp, Point Guard Academy or Post Camp before March 15th. Combo Price after March 15th is $695.00.
Day camp rate: $395.00.
Team and sibling discounts available. Call for discounts. A non-refundable $250.00 deposit is required to secure your spot in this camp.Register
Special Combo Pricing Available
|Super Week Instructional Camp & Post Camp||$645.00||Register|
|Super Week Instructional Camp & Point Guard Camp||$645.00||Register|
|Super Week Instructional Camp & Shooting and Scoring Camp||$645.00||Register|
398 Pomfret Street
Pomfret, CT 06258