Back Court Camp
Dates: July 5th, 2017
- July 7th, 2017
Location: Roger Williams University (Bristol, RI)
Contact/Director: Steve Gibbs- 978-922-3342
Back Court camp is for players who desire to become better educated in the craft of being exceptional guards. The Back Court Camp will cover every aspect of being an exceptional "floor general."
The director for all ten years of the Back Court Camp is the highly decorated High School coach of Bishop Hendricken High School; Jamal Gomes (pictured right). Jamal was a four year scholarship player at Stonehill College. Jamal has led Hendricken to an unprecedented nine state titles and coached back court stars as Billy and Jimmy Baron and Justin and Joey Mozzulla. His staff is comprised of former back court stars who now coach at the high school and college level.
“Without the Hoop Mountain Back Court Camp, I would not have reached my potential as a point guard. I received a P.H.D. in point guard play at this camp. It’s a must if you wish to become a superb high school or college back court star”
-Chad Dicenzo, (Hoop Mountain Back Court camper 2012-2016)
Back Court Camp is is for players entering the 4th-12th grade. Players at the camp will be divided by age and skill level.
The following topics are covered at the Hoop Mountain Back Court Camp
►Attacking the basket ►Ability to penetrate the lane ►Running an offense
►Run a fast break ►Skills to finish plays ►Read defenses to call out accurate plays
►Excellent court awareness ►Proper foot work ►Ability to change the pace and tempo of the game
►Open court and half court scoring ►Skill to recognize defenses ►Finish plays in the open court
►Advanced ball handling skills ►Develop mid-range ►Learn all the new European ball handling techniques
►To excel in the paint ►Ability to break traps and presses ►Develop all different types of passesRegister
Early Bird Price: $395
Normal Price: $435 (after May 1st)
Attend 2 camps and save $50, use coupon code MCD2
Attend 3 camps or more and save $75, use coupon code MCD3
Hoop Mountain consistently presents the best staffed summer basketball camps in the country. The staff is comprised predominantly of collegiate basketball coaches. The instruction and attention to detail at Hoop Mountain is second to none. Here is a small sample of colleges that were represented on Hoop Mountain’s staff last summer:
Amherst College, Babson College, Bates College, Becker College, Bowdoin College, Brandeis University, Case Western Reserve University, Colby College, Endicott College, Hamilton College, Hartwick College, Hobart College, Occidental College, Rhode Island College, Roger Williams College, Salem State University, Skidmore College, Stevens Institute of Technology, Stonehill College, Trinity College, Tufts University, University of Rochester, Vassar College, Wesleyan College, Wheaton College, Williams College
- Acquire all the intangibles required by high school and college coaches
- Seminars covering aspects of mental toughness
- Every exceptional point guards
- Leaders and discussions
Create your own offense:
- Learn how to break down a defensive player
- How to exploit matchups
- Proper footwork to become a high scoring guard
- To stand out a back court player must excel in pressure defense
- How to influence the on the defensive end
- Learn how to play team defense
Back Court Teaching Aids:
- One on one teaching – extra time is built into the schedule to allow for one on one sessions with our celebrated staff
- Video tape analysis of camp sessions are recorded so camp director Jamal Gomes can break down campers game with insight and expertise commentary
- Seminar - former great guards like Jimmy and Billy Baron take campers through 45 minute daily training sessions
- Campers can view first hand how a professional trains on a daily basis
- Jamal Gomes takes campers through how Hendricken back court players excel during the off season by demonstration and instruction of gaining quickness, balance, speed, power, and agility. Playing games with Front Court Campers at the camp on day two of the camp to allow application of skills learned at the Back Court Camp.
Taking Camp Home:
- The most important part of camp is the comprehensive evolution from staff. Because camp enrollment is limited it allows for “hands on” personal approach.
Located minutes away from beautiful Newport, Rhode Island, the campus overlooking the Narragansett Bay, has state of the art facilities. The recreation complex is one of the best in the region. A brand new dining complex that possesses national awards for food and service is capable of satisfying any dining requirements. The dining halls consistently rank in the Top 10 nationally for best college dining halls.
The isolated campus is safe for all. A low ratio (6:1) of campers to staff and campus police ensure maximum camper safety.
- Camp enrollment is limited to 50 campers
- Very low 6:1 ratio of campers to staff
- All indoor and air-conditioned venue
- College dorm housing with two campers per room supervised by camp directors
To register via mail use this form here.